April 20 – May 8, 2020
All submissions must be made electronically via the Google Form below.
Students will be asked to log in to a Google account (personal or school) as required by Google for any form that uses file uploads.
Participating in the Virtual Solo & Ensemble is meant to be fun, enjoyable, and a way to continue your pursuit of music education during our statewide school closures.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare and record your prepared selection.
- Participation in this year’s event is free of charge.
- Prepared selections may be of any length, difficulty, and type (concert band, solo etude, etc.)
- Percussion is welcome to use whatever equipment you may have at home, including any surface for snare drum performance.
- Each student may submit up to three separate prepared pieces.
- All performances will be adjudicated by a band director from District 7 and written feedback will be given via the email you provide.
- Submissions may be recorded more than once; choose your best one for submission!
- Both video and audio recordings are accepted.
- Students need to provide a copy of their music in some form (picture, PDF, etc.) if at all possible. This can be uploaded alongside the video/audio file.
Performances will be adjudicated by a director who specializes in that instrument, where possible.
Here is a list of both video and audio resources you may want to use to record your performance.
The default camera app for all devices is a simple way to record your performance!